Medication Refill Policy
At Carmel Pediatrics, we take great pride in providing your child(ren) the highest quality of care. Comprehensive medication rechecks are an important piece to providing safe and effective care for your child. Please read the following procedures regarding medication rechecks and refill procedures:
- Unless otherwise noted by your physician, medication rechecks are required every 90 days. Please schedule your next appointment as you leave the office. We will encourage you to schedule your next appointment a week prior to 90 days to ensure you do not run out of medication. Please note that these visits are required to ensure your physician is following appropriate guidelines to remain compliant with their licenses.
- For medication refills, please contact our office at least one (1) week in advance to ensure you do not run out of medication. If you do not contact us one week in advance, we cannot guarantee we can refill your prescription prior to running out of medication. Your assigned physician is responsible for refilling your prescriptions and may be out of the office for various reasons for up to one week. Please do NOT wait until you have 1-2 pills left.
- Your physician may send three prescriptions for three months to your pharmacy. Please note that we are not authorized to submit “refills” for controlled substances, so that is why we submit three separate prescriptions (your prescription bottle also might not have refills listed). Prior to calling us, please check with your pharmacy, as they may have your next prescription on file.
- When calling in to call in a new prescription, please be prepared to provide us with your pharmacy name, pharmacy phone number, and zip code.
- Please do not contact your physician over the weekend for a prescription refill, as the physicians are unable to respond to these requests after hours. Please only contact your physician after hours for emergent
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring we provide the highest quality of care for your child.
Effective March 3, 2022