COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
UPDATE 11/3/2021 at 9:00 am: We are proud to announce our COVID-19 clinics! PLEASE read the following CAREFULLY before clicking the link below.
- Please DO NOT forward this information to family and friends. We are only able to administer the vaccine to our established patients at this time.
- We are only administering the vaccine to patients between the ages of 5-11 years old. Once the child turns 12, they will need to go to your nearest pharmacy or through the state department of health.
- We will not schedule the vaccine over the phone, so please do not call us to schedule. We will also not “squeeze in” patients. We have only received a limited supply, so it is imperative that we strictly monitor how many doses we are scheduling.
- Make sure you schedule each child separately in different spots. Once you get to the confirmation page after registering your first child, click the link that states “book another appointment”. You will then go back to the beginning page. Click through all of the necessary pages, and then you will come to the “Your Child’s Information” page. Every field will already be populated. Make sure you change the “first name” field to your other child.
- If you are unable to grab a spot next week, please do not panic! We will be ordering more. We will keep ordering to ensure we vaccinate every child that wants to receive it. We will have more clinics the week of November 15th. We will release the schedule for one week at a time right now. We will email you and post information here as we have it.
- Making your appointment time is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. If you need to cancel your appointment, please CALL US ASAP with at least 24 hours notice! We do NOT want to waste any doses!! If you no show, we will likely have to waste doses.
OK, enough of that…let’s get to the fun part…
UPDATE 11/1/2021 at 11:36 am: We wanted to provide a quick update on the COVID-19 vaccine for children between the ages of 5-11 years. As you are likely aware, the full approval for this age group is quickly approaching. Your team here at Carmel Pediatrics have been working diligently over the last several months to prepare for this moment. We are thrilled to say that we are one of the very few independent offices who have been approved to receive the first doses in November. With that in mind, we want to provide you with some preliminary information on what to expect. The following is lengthy (I apologize), so please, please make sure you read everything thoroughly, as this will differ from our normal flu clinics.
First and foremost, we do NOT currently have the vaccine. We are expecting the vaccine sometime this week. Please do not call our office asking to schedule an appointment. We will post again this week when we go live with the scheduling.
When that time does come, the link to schedule appointments will be posted here on this page. We will post instructions on how to schedule your appointment. We are going to be piloting an online scheduling platform to schedule the appointments. We will NOT be scheduling appointments over the phone, and we will NOT be able to add additional appointments if the slots are full due to our allotment constraints. Since the state of Indiana is limiting the number of doses we will be receiving at the outset, we will be limiting the appointment slots. Once our allotment of doses have been claimed, we will stop scheduling appointments until we have more reserved. One major difference between the COVID and flu vaccines is that the COVID vaccine comes in 10-dose vials (flu comes in pre-filled syringes). Once we open a vial for the first dose, we must use the other nine doses within six hours. We are very focused on NOT wasting doses, so we are being very strict on how we schedule the appointments.
Once we are able to order additional doses, we will send out another email with added clinics.
We will be sending out more information about the medical side of the vaccine on our social platforms. If you have not already, please like us on Facebook and Instagram. We plan on releasing some videos here soon with FAQ on the vaccine for children.
Here are some notes to consider:
- We will ONLY be vaccinating children between the ages of 5-11 years. If your child is 12 and older, you will need to go to the nearest pharmacy or other location hosted by the state department of health. The vaccine for 5-11 year olds comes different vial than the 12 and up, and we will not have the 12 and up vaccines in stock.
- All vaccines will be administered by either doctors or nurses. There may be situations where we bring in outside help to administer the vaccines due to staffing constraints.
- The doctors and nurses will NOT be able to answer any questions about the vaccine or provide any advice of any kind during the clinic. The clinic is designed to vaccinate as many children as we can. If you have any questions, please call the office to speak with a nurse or schedule an appointment with a physician. Thank you for understanding.
- There will be a 15-minute observation period after the child receives the vaccine. When scheduling your appointment, please plan for this.
- This is a 2-dose series. We will schedule your next appointment during the observation period for three weeks after the first dose.
- The clinics will take place in suite 255, which is the same location as our flu clinics. The set-up will be different; however, we will provide signage to assist with the flow.
- We will NOT be administering the COVID vaccine during office appointments in our office. To receive the vaccine, you MUST schedule an appointment for a clinic. This is due to the ability to regulate our doses to ensure we are not wasting. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- If you are booking multiple children, you will need to book separate appointments. We will share instructions in our next email on how to do this.
- We are only administering these vaccines to our established patients. Please do not send the link to your friends, as we will be unable to accommodate patients who are not established with our practice.
- Your child must have a well exam on file within the last year to receive the COVID vaccine.
At this time, this is all we have for you. We kindly ask that you refrain from calling our office right now with general COVID vaccine questions. Our phone lines are strained right now due to the number of sick children in our area. We will continue to communicate via email and our social medias with more information as we have it. Thank you for your cooperation!
Randall D. Stoesz, MD
Carolyn O. Robinson, MD
Anna G. Gilley, MD
Elizabeth J. Beach, MD
Danielle N. Wiese, MD
Nicholas J. Hannah, MSM, Director of Operations